These days having the best email hosting provider is essential for your business, and there is no better email host than Google and Gmail. But given that you're reading this article, you likely already know that, and have setup your Gmail hosting.
Once of the many good things about Gmail is that it is very secure and cares about your privacy, which is why you may have had issues setting up your gmail on some devices. Gmail allows you to block sign-in attempts from some apps or devices that aren't up to fate with the security standards, as the apps or devices are easier to break into.
This feature may be great, but it can be a headache for you if you're just setting up your gmail account and are having issues setting it up on different devices. Here is a quick guide on how to allow less secure apps access to your gmail.
- Login to your Google Admin account.
- You will be taken to the Google admin dasahboard, then you'll want to click on "Security."
- Then click on "Basic Settings."
- Under "Less secure apps" click on "Go to settings for less secure apps ››"
- Then click to the radio button next to "Allow users to manage their access to less secure apps," and then click the save button located at the bottom right of your screen.
- You're done! Your less secure apps will now have access to your Gmail account.